Header Image

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Mennonite in me

The Mennonite in me came out subconsciously in todays outfit choice. Just so you know, that's not a metaphor, I actually AM Mennonite, United Mennonite to be exact. I'll clear up some stereotypes right now, I'm not old order or Amish. We believe in electricity, TVs, the mall, heck we even use in Tinder. We're not back country or sheltered, I go to night clubs and wear short shorts. It's just the religious aspect, and I still even struggle with that. But whether my faith is being tested or not I am still Mennonite.

Anyways today all I was thinking was, 'It's snowing AGAIN? are you kidding?!'. I super wanted to wear a skirt and some snow wasn't going to stop me so I threw on my long black 'Essential Elegance in Black' Modcloth skirt over some basic black tights (Every girl should have some) and my 'Hosting for the Weekend in Merlot' shirt( Modcloth again). My hair was wet and I had a meeting at the bank about RRSPs -Senior citizen alert- so I threw it up in a roll with a headband. And Hello Mennonite girl.

But guess what, it actually worked and it's warm! Sometimes embracing the Mennonite in you works out!

Check out the Essential Elegance Skirt here!
Check out the Hosting for the weekend tunic here!

No comments:

Post a Comment